Saturday, February 28, 2015

In "Paranormal" Europe, Banks Will Pay You To Borrow, And Charge You To Save


Hoosier's note: Last night, I had dinner with my schoolmates from Maris Stella High School.

I talked about the 'negative interest rate' phenomena, and I said that if I were able to borrow with 'negative interest rate', I would borrow as much as possible...to buy a Ferrari and go for a tour around the world, because I would have no worry at all as the level of debt would be reduced to zero eventually. And, I said that it was precisely because of such 'abnomaly', i.e., negative interest rate, that we should expect a Market Crash.

Among the group of friends is my 'Class Monitor' (at Maris Stella High School) who is a Scholar. He used to work at the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) and GIC (Government Investment Corporation of Singapore) and I asked for his view. He agreed with me that there would be a Market Crash but he was unsure of the timing. He said that in this Internet Age, things could change suddenly.