Saturday, January 24, 2015

QAF #04 - Google search results on "qaf limited salim group goodman fielders"

I was trying to google some information on QAF.

I was trying to find out if there is a possibility of a merger between QAF Limited and Goodman Fielder. Goodman Fielder was recently acquired by First Pacific (Mr Anthoni Salim's flagship) and Wilmar International.

To do the search, I typed these words,

 "qaf limited salim group goodman fielders"

To my surprise, someone did carry out an analysis on the subject,


As the site requires me to subscribe to its service to read the article, I am not able to read the full analysis.

But, suffice to know that someone else is thinking along the same line like me about a possible merger between Nippon Indosari (Salim Group's bakery business in Indonesia), QAF and Goodman Fielder. Such a merger, in my opinion, would create synergies for the companies involved and allow QAF to gain access to the Indonesian market.